Downloading and Installing the Plug-in
To display the Russian syntax trees from the Russian corpus, you need to
install the Internationalized Java2 Plug-in version 1.3.
Instructions (Windows only)
- Go to the
download page for the Java Plug-in version 1.3.
- Locate the entry in the table under Windows (all languages)
and the column JRE and click on DOWNLOAD.
- Click Accept to accept the License Agreement.
- Click any of the FTP download buttons.
- Save the "j2re1_3_X_Y-win-i" file on your desktop.
Note: X and Y can be any numbers, as long as the version is 1.3 or above.
- Wait for the file to download.
It is about 8 MB and will take 2 to 20 minutes to download, depending
on the speed of your internet connection.
- Go to your desktop and start the downloaded file ("j2re1_3_0-win-i") by
- Click Yes to accept the License Agreement once more.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- Wait for the plug-in to install.
- Make sure you get the Internationalized version.
Russian VISL applet will work with the Internationalized version
- Do not use the automatic plug-in installation method in Microsoft
The automatic installation seems to always install the U.S. English
Instead use the method described above to get the Internationalized
- The plug-in is available for Linux
- Unfortunately, the Java Plug-in version 1.3 is not available for the Macintosh.